Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

CHANEL Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick in No. 55 Romance

Hello gentle reader.


I am of the opinion that we all need a little luxury in our lives. Be it a beautiful bottle of fragrance, some gorgeous makeup, a very special handbag, that suit or dress that you saved for for so long, a great car you worked so hard for... Whatever it is, big ticket or small indulgence, I believe that we all deserve to treat ourselves to something very designer, very chi-chi from time to time, when the spirit moves us and the budget allows.

The last time I was in the Valley, the spirit moved me. I had just had a doctor's appointment and I deserved a treat. Little kids get a lollipop, big kids get makeup. Specifically, CHANEL makeup. That day, I splurged on a lipstick and an eye shadow quad. (Which I will talk about in a future post.)

The lipstick I chose, after much swatching, narrowing down of choices and agonized waffling back and forth between two finalists is CHANEL Rouge Coco Shine in 55 Romance. I almost chose Boy, as it is a beautiful neutral and a very appropriate first purchase but in the end, Romance won my heart.


CHANEL Rouge Coco Shine in 55 Romance is a medium, bright rose pink creme. This is the perfect pink for anyone who wants a wearable, everyday shade with just a hit of bright, happy fun. This lipstick is a semi-sheer; it is ultra lightweight, silky and has a lovely shine but isn't overly glossy or "too much." This lipstick glides on without dragging or pulling at the lips. It feels smooth, weightless and moisturizing. CHANEL Rouge Coco Chine doesn't have stellar wear time, it is so light and soft that I find myself reapplying almost as frequently as I do a gloss. However, this lipstick is so nourishing and comfortable and just so damned pretty that I don't mind. Besides, who doesn't love pulling a CHANEL lipstick out of their bag, opening that luxurious black and gold packaging with the iconic interlocked double C's on the cap and doing an oh-so-ladylike touch up of their lips?


A swatch of CHANEL Rouge Coco Shine, 55 Romance on my hand.

And on my lips:


I love this lipstick. I love everything about it. From the beautiful, sleek packaging to the perfect, seems as if it was created just for me shade to the light rose scent, I just love, love, love CHANEL Rouge Coco Shine lipstick in 55 Romance. I am so happy that I bought this lipstick and I plan to buy a couple more in other shades that were really speaking to me, the day I bought this one. Some day.

CHANEL Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick is available wherever CHANEL cosmetics are sold and retails for $35.00. Yes, this lipstick is a splurge but in my opinion, it is worth every penny.

What is your favorite CHANEL lipstick or cosmetic item? Are you lusting after anything in particular? I am still kicking myself that I didn't buy the LE Nordstrom Exclusive Luminizer the day I bought this lipstick and my eye shadow quad. In for a penny, in for a pound and I really, really should have bought that luminizer! Okay, I need to stop thinking about it, now!

Thank you so much for dropping in and reading my blog. Take care, have a beautiful day and go treat yourself to a little something special. You deserve it.

40 comments:

  1. what a lovely treat! I love how it looks on you. I wonder when my next doctor's appt is.. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. :D Any excuse would work, really... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful shade! I've not tried any Chanel products but there are definitely a couple on my wishlist :) Raspberrykiss xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh what a pretty color. It looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so pretty! I haven´t tried any Chanel products yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous choice! 55 Romance really suits you. :)
    Lipstick and blush are my two major splurge categories, and while I don't own any Chanel blush yet, I do have three of these. They feel nice, I like my colours to have the translucency this formula offers, and the rose scent was love at first sniff. I know not everyone is fond of perfumed cosmetics, but Chanel rose and I get along splendidly. I'll try a blusher eventually, but the budget will probably require me to tear myself away from these first!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The formula on this lipstick is just so luscious. I want all of them. I plan to acquire a blush, next and I am considering that mascara everyone is over the moon about, too. And a Glossimer and... And...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the fragrance, No. 5 and I had a Glossimer, years ago. It's definitely a splurge but we deserve it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you. I love this lipstick. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great color on you! Its pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a super pretty my lips but better shade on you. Chanel makes such luxurious lipsticks. <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a really nice everyday shade, but not for an every day price!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. No kidding! That is why I don't buy these every day. LOL But for a treat... Yeah. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you. Their lipstick is gorgeous. And I am hooked. This is bad. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much, Lisa. :D It is pretty, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have 2 Rouge Coco Shines--Aventura and Liberte. Love them but don't buy Chanel unless I am on a splurge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the Glossimers. I tend to reach for lip gloss more often than lipstick. The soft, light, glossy finish of the Rouge Cocos appeals to me for that reason. :)


    I really want to try the Volume de CHANEL mascara. Most reviews I read and see on YouTube are raves. There has to be something to it. Now. Where is my getaway driver?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Chanel is definitely a splurge for me. Big. Splurge. You should have seen poor hubby's face get pale when I paid for my little two item "haul!" LOL I don't buy super expensive makeup often. But a girl just has to treat herself occasionally. :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooooohhh this is a gorgeous shade. Was this one of the recent purchases? I tell you they suck you in at the counter with that gorgeous packaging. I love some CHANEL and the Rouge Coco Lip shines are awesome. I think this may be a shade I need. Beautiful girl!!! Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'll drive for you this time if you'll do the next? :P

    ReplyDelete
  21. The eyeliner pen in Brun is my current fave! Tho, I really really love a lot from Chanel lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeous color. It looks beautiful on you!

    I only have one Chanel product - the Paradoxal nail polish. I jumped on that as soon as it came out. Unfortunately for it, I've badly mistreated it by wearing it 2-3 times and then letting it languish away in my nail polish drawer for at least two years now (probably more...).

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE Chanel products just because they are a once in a while splurge. This is the perfect shade of fun, happy pink!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous color! You made me add it to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you, I love it. I think it would be wearable for so many people. :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yes, I can't get Chanel all of the time, it's so fun when I can. I love this pink, it just wakes up my face.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you so much. :)


    Haul that bad boy out and use it! :D I don't have any Chanel nail colour. Next...

    ReplyDelete
  28. If it were in my budget, the pile of Chanel I would own... So nice.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you. Yes, it was a recent purchase. Oh, they are masters at sucking you in, offering cotton and remover for swatches, helping, handing, answering questions... The lady who helped me was so polite, sweet and attentive. My experience was so fun and lovely. Made me want to buy all of the things! The Rouge Cocos are just my kind of lippie. :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. Chanel is definitely one brand that I do not own.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D