Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Thursday, August 21, 2014

L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara: Review

Hello gentle reader.

Today I am sharing with you my thoughts on L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga mascara. I have been using this product for a while and I think that the time is right to speak my piece.


L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara is a newer addition to the L'Oreal mascara line up. L'Oreal claims that this mascara will give you long, voluminous lashes and a wide open eyes look. Now, I think that we all know that this mascara is not going to give us the lashes that that pretty little creature in the Lolita costume and three sets of false lashes had in the commercial that is running to sell us this product. If anyone does believe that let me know, I have a bridge in which you may be interested.

False lashes aside, (please don't get me started on makeup companies and how they style their products for commercials and print ads, that rant would take all day), this is a good mascara. Let's explore why I say so.


L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara is packaged in a sleek, tapered and angled tube and the black and pink colour scheme drew me like a moth to a flame. I have ever loved that colour combination and it worked to get me to toss this mascara in my basket about 0.6 seconds after I saw it on the display.

My initial reaction to the wand  the first time I pulled it out of the tube was NOPE!. First, the wand is a little crazy looking, rather like a well chewed Christmas Tree. Then there is the Flexi Wand feature. I have tried mascaras in the past that have a flexible wand and I didn't like them. The wands were too floppy and I didn't feel as if I had good control over the application. Not a feeling I want when maneuvering a black goop covered sharp object a fraction of an inch from my very vulnerable eyeballs.

But, as my mother used to tel me when I was growing up, "You don't know if you like something or not until you try it. So, try it. Then form your opinion based on your experience." So, I tried it.

L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara is a wet formula, this seems to be a thing with L'Oreal mascaras. I am used to them, wet mascara doesn't bother me but I know that a lot of people don't apreciate them. I am amazed at how much I like the way that crazy, pointed, rat chewed looking wand applies the product to my lashes. It has some grab and the uneven cut separates the lashes and deposits mascara at different amounts as the wand travels up the length of the lashes. This mascara applies smoothly, I don't have any real trouble with clumping and I can apply one generous coat for emphasized, natural looking lashes or I can build on another coat for glamazon lashes. I normally just apply one good coat. It's a look I like, day to day.

I don't really notice the Flexi Wand aspect all that much. There is a little give as I apply my mascara but it doesn't bend or flop all over the place. Honestly, I don't see the point of the flexible joint in the wand. It just doesn't seem necessary, to me.

This mascara wears well all day, I don't experience any fading, smudging, transferring or flaking. Flaking is the problem I normally run up against with mascaras. That and clumping. My lashes are decently long but they aren't terribly thick and if I am not careful, they will, upon seeing a mascara wand coming at them, run and hang together and not let go of each other. It's annoying.


My lashes dressed with one coat of L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara. Please don't mind my orange-y-pink skin tone. I was test driving a foundation sample. Yeah. No. It went on my face, once then it went into the trash. Another story for another day.

Moving on.

I like L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga mascara. I am enjoying the tube I have and I would definitely repurchase.

L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga mascara is available at drugstores, mass retailers, Ulta. It is about eight dollars a tube, depending on the store from which you purchase and your region. Shop BOGO 1/2 off sales and use coupons to make this mascara even more affordable.

Have you tried L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara? Do you like it? Not so much? Do you have a favorite L'Oreal mascara? A favorite mascara of any brand? Please hit me up in a comment and let me know what you think.

I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who entered my latest giveaway. It is now closed and I will be drawing a winner and contacting them in the next day or so. Please keep your eyeballs peeled for my next giveaway. A little hint: Hot. Cold. Holo and flash.

Intrigued?

Thank you for coming by and reading and have a beautiful day.

35 comments:

  1. Great review on this mascara. Nice to see and hear that your liking this mascara. I haven't tried it but I'll probably pass on it since I prefer a more drier formula for my mascaras.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.


    Mascara is a very personal thing. We all like what we like and we don't all like the same brand! LOL I like a wetter formula, probably because I have used L'Oreal mascaras for so long. Drier mascaras feel like clay on my lashes. No bueno! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really LOVE this mascara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. See this looks so good on you. It didn't do a thing for me. At first I thought it was okay, then I was like meh.. then I'm like well it's not bad.. now I'm like nope. Ugh. I want to love it =(

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE how this made your lashes look. This is a great mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried it yet. I love (except for the wand) L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly plus I have about 15 other mascaras so I've let this one go by so far. It certainly made your lashes long. PS I love your writing. Always makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, thank you so much. Sometimes I think that it is too much of a thing but it just... comes out.


    I love the Voluminous Butterfly. The wand definitely has a learning curve but once I got the hang of it, I was hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you. I really like this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear you. I have had the same experience with mascaras that others rave about. Mascara and our lashes... It's is just the crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't tried this one. I've always been a fan of Maybelline The Colossal. I'm really liking Rimmel Scandal Eyes RetroGlam, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have this mascara and haven't taken it out of the package yet! I need to!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybelline mascaras and I don't mesh. I try them, they treat me wrong. LOL I haven't tried Rimmel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really want to try this! It seems to work differently with different people!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks like it gives great results, but I haven't tried it yet. I have about 10 mascara samples and a full-size L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly mascara to work through before I can even think about picking up a new mascara! I'm currently working on a tube of Benefit They're Real! but I'm not really digging the silicone wand (I don't really like them, in general).

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm interested in trying it but I have seen very different reviews and results between people.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm crazy in love with this mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful mascara! I really need to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am in love with this mascara - it has been such a huge difference in my life - I mean made a huge difference :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wasn't that crazy about this mascara at first, but the more I wear it the more I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's how the Butterfly was for me. Not crazy about it, at first now I adore it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  21. Isn't it great when a mascara is that fantastic for you?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mascara is one of those things, some are fantastic for some people and others will hate them. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  23. I likes me a silicone/rubber wand. Or a bristle one.


    I recently killed a sample of They're Real. I liked it. I may get the full size. I am currently loving the Perversion sample I just got from Ipsy and I have a Dolce and Gabanna sample to try, too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think it's that way with most mascaras. I have tried some that others love and I just can't stand. :D You just have to keep trying them until you find the ones you like.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D