Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Review: LORAC Pro 2 Palette

Hello gentle reader.


The Lorac Pro 2 palette is a makeup item I was excited to get my greedy paws on the moment I heard that a second! Lorac Pro palette was coming out. I love the original Pro, I only bought it this last Spring and I am so happy that I did. The quality of that palette is absolutely stellar and I knew that if this follow up was as good that I would love it.

The Lorac Pro 2 palette is a cooler, more vibrant counterpoint to it's warmer, neutral sister, the original Lorac Pro. The packaging is the same, save the colour. The original is in a black palette, this one is a charcoal grey. The sleek, flat, coated paperboard palette is slightly "rubbery" to the touch, the palette is lightweight and slender enough to be held comfortably in the hand during use, yet it is substantial enough to have a presence on your vanity. I love that this palette, like it's predecessor, stores easily, taking up very little room in it's drawer. If I could lodge one gripe about the packaging it is that the somewhat rubberized coating on this palette grabs on to dust and makeup flotsam and jetsam and is a bit difficult to keep clean.


Inside the sleek packaging is sixteen individual pans of eye shadow. The top row is all matte shades, the bottom, shimmer and metallic shades. There is a nice large mirror in the lid for your application convenience.


A closer peek at the shadows. This palette is cooler toned and contains neutrals and some brighter shades, as well. This is a fantastic addition to a palette collection. It can mix and match with the rest of your stash yet it is complete enough to be the one palette you toss in your carry on for a weekend or vacation getaway. The softer, more neutral shades will get you through your work day with style and the fun colours will amp up your look for a hot date, dinner out with your special someone or a night out with the girls.

You know that I swatched this baby. Let's take a look, shall we?


From the top row we have the mattes. All eight of these shadows are soft, smooth, slightly creamy to the touch. They are very pigmented and have great payoff on the eyelid. These shadows can be packed on for maximum impact or applied with a light hand for a soft, subtle accent. They go on without annoying fallout, patchiness or skipping and blend flawlessly. Buff, the lightest matte shade is extremely close to my skin tone, rendering the swatch difficult to see but the quality of the shadow is excellent. Don't let the picture scare you!


On the bottom row live the shimmers. All of these shadows are velvety, soft and intensely pigmented and the payoff is fabulous. These shadows apply and blend out like a dream. They work to create a beautiful, gleaming eye look and blend impeccably with their matte companions for a balanced, chic eye.

Gentle reader, I love this palette. It is beautiful, versatile and if you are on the lookout for a cooler toned eye shadow palette that will give you neutral and fun shades all in one and be a beautiful addition to your makeup stash or perhaps serve as your one fantastic, go to palette, I happily recommend the Lorac Pro 2.

If you wold like to buy this palette, it is available from Ulta stores, the Ulta website and the Lorac website. This palette contains 8.8 g./.32 oz. of product and retails for $42.00 and includes a bonus mini Lorac Behind the Scenes eye shadow primer.

Do you own the Lorac Pro 2 palette? Do you like it? Love it, as I do? What are your favorite, most worn shades from this palette?

Thank you so much for swinging by and reading my review. Take care of yourself and have a beautiful day.
*Links provided for the convenience of my gentle readers. I derive no benefit if they are clicked or a purchase is made using these links.*

41 comments:

  1. Beautiful palette for fall. Everything I've read about it has been positive. Wish someone would give it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is worth the money I spent on it. It's a beautiful and very versatile palette. The quality is just so good. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This palette looks good! The shades are so pigmented and there definitely colors I would wear often too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it awesome!? I am in love with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am waiting for a sale to snag this

    ReplyDelete
  6. I prefer this color selection over the original!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one has a wider variety. The original is neutral heaven. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I try to buy palettes that I know I will use. I refuse to waste my limited budget on stuff that just languishes in a drawer, utterly unused.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't you just love this palette? It has been giving me liiiife!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loveeeee #2. It's better than #1 and I had love for that as well. Can't put it down!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love this palette. I like it even better than the original.

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I saw that Navy shade, I had to have this palette. It's totally worth it. The colors are gorgeous, the formula sublime. It practically has everything - matte, shimmer, neutrals, and pops of color.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a gorgroues palette and packs so much versatility into one little package.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nectar and Cocoa would be great together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this palette too. My review is going up in a few hours. Plum is perfect to smudge out liner with some color. Navy is hot too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WANT! I love the color selection in this one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so good. I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great minds. :) I need to try lining with Plum. I have used Navy and it is so pretty as a liner or to smoke out a neutral eye.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, you do. I hope that you get it, the colours would be pretty on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. When I saw that it was coming out, I was determined to have it, by hook or by crook. I am so happy that I splashed out on it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Isn't it the shizz? You can throw this palette into your makeup bag and leave for a month and never run out of beautiful new eye looks with this palette.

    ReplyDelete
  22. For me it's a dead heat. I love both, for different looks. I am hooked on neutrals but sometimes, I want more!

    ReplyDelete
  23. They are and the shadows are such lovely quality. This is a top flight palette.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D